Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Care Package Highlights

[Belated Post]

Mail day at the hub site came and went. I didn't think anything might be there for me (and this is just a mental defense against high expectations dear reader, not a slight against you for not writing, hehehe :O) but I went over to check anyway. Since the mailbox was being blocked up by my fellow eager volunteers, I went to check out the boxes that were laying about on the plastic tables. No. Not me. No. Not min... wait a second!

I was the proud recipient of an unrequested and far-too-kind care box from the states. The family of a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (RPCV) friend of mine had the very nice notion of sending something my way. I have snacks a-plenty and will be meteing them out over the course of several weeks, savoring sugary-ness and chocolates as needed.

Thanks so much D & M, these donations will not go to waste!

No comments: