Sunday, July 24, 2005

Supreme Court Nominee Judge John G. Roberts

I've tried to pay attention to his nomination. I really have... in a 'sort of' way. To date I don't have an opinion yet one way or another on his nomination. It is extremely early to call him a sure bet or not, but that is in part due to the fact that most of us don't quite know the man and his leanings.

I can't say that I'd be against him or for him if he was firmly planted on a single issue of note today. I believe the Senators will need a fuller picture to understand him, and I feel the same way. If he is conservative in his views I really don't have a problem with that. If his judicial purview borders on that of Associate Justice Clarence Thomas, than I think I would be against his ascension to the highest court in the land.

I know it is up to the Administration to put forward whomever they wish to go before the Senate for confirmation and the man chosen looks like a good, clean candidate. However, I have very serious misgivings about this Administration given their track record of being forthcoming with information.

Might it extend to this nomination, too?

No comments: